Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Days 7 & 8 of Blogtember Challenge

Yesterday's challenge was to share about how your blog got its name. Earlier this year I wrote a post about that very thing so click here for the link to that post.

Here's a little glimpse...


Now on to today's prompt! Today is the day we share about our favorite season.

If we are talking about literal, calendar seasons, I would say anything but summer.
No, really. Arkansas summers are too hot and humid and Ohio was too rainy this summer.

I love Spring because of all the fresh flowers and watching plants sprout and grow.
It's like a whole new start to everything, but it's toward the end of the school year. 
It's the perfect time to get outdoors and regroup and reevaluate life.
I don't consider myself to be an "artsy" person, but I find spring to be inspiring.
I am OCD (self-diagnosed) however so I like to reorganize and reorder things so they can run smoother. Can you say, "spring-cleaning?"



I love Fall for similar reasons. 
The heat and business of summer is starting to dissolve and an excitement for the holidays begins to grow. The summer vacations are over and the afternoons open up for snuggling under a blanket with a book. Orange, red and brown decorations begin to fill out porches. Campfires with friends begin to make their way into our schedules. 
I just love it!



Winter: It's a love/hate relationship. It depends on where I'm living. If I'm spending fall, winter, and spring in Ohio, it's not such a cordial relationship. But if I'm in Arkansas, I love it.
I mean love in the sense that I enjoy spending time cleaning off my car,
playing in the snow, and even driving in the snow.
What is even better is going to OH for the winter weather.
The south tends to get rain or ice (no fun!), 
whereas the north gets drier snow and you can still live amongst it.
I especially like all the blue hues and pops of color seem more rare, making it more special.
And of course, it wouldn't be winter without family time and hot drinks.



What is your favorite season and why? Be sure to link-up with Bailey over at http://www.braveloveblog.com and use #blogtemberchallenge on Instagram. 
Tag me (staceydicken) if you heard about the challenge here!



No comments:

Post a Comment